Follicular Unit Extraction (FUE)
With FUE, individual hair follicles are transferred one at a time, from the back of the scalp, where hair is thickest, to the area where hair has thinned. This procedure starts at approximately $4,500.00
Follicular Unit Extraction (FUE) is a hair-transplant surgical technique that was developed as an alternative to the traditional FUT, or strip, surgery. Like any surgical procedure, there is not one solution for all patients, and during your consultation, we will review your options and suggest the best surgical path to achieving your hair-restoration goals.
FUE method involves removing individual follicular units one at a time. In a traditional hair-transplant surgery utilizing FUT donor harvest, an incision is made to remove a linear strip of tissue from the scalp. The harvested tissue is then dissected under a microscope to create the individual follicular units.
FUE Positive Factors
- There is no linear incision and no linear scar
- Faster and less painful recovery
- Natural hairlines and optimal donor density with optimal aesthetic results
- In some cases, patients are able to wear shorter hair styles
- It is most useful for patients who have had multiple procedures and who cannot have donor hair harvested using traditional strip surgery methods
- It is excellent for patients who need repair work, for example to cover wide scars by adding hair into the scars
- Virtually undetectable!
This procedure starts at approximately $4,500.00
Request a Consultation